The first group of hostages released under the truce deal between Hamas and Israel have been handed to the Red Cross and to an Egyptian security team.
This comes after the first limited pause in fighting formally began earlier on Friday.
Under the terms of the four-day truce, 13 women and children, out of around 240 hostages captured by Hamas on October 7, were expected to comprise the first batch to be released.
Meanwhile, Thailand’s Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin said that Hamas had released 12 Thai nationals held captive in Gaza. Their release reportedly followed a separate track of talks mediated by Egypt and Qatar, and was unrelated to the truce negotiations.
Later today, Israel was due to release the first 39 Palestinians from its jails, among them 24 women and 15 teenagers.


Putin says Ukraine opened 'Pandora's box' with strikes on economic targets
Israel strikes southern Syria as Damascus condemns attack
EU sends helicopters, firefighters to Serbia to tackle wildfires
Canada to impose retaliatory tariffs across a raft of US sectors
Several dead after UK police car crash, police say