The World Health Organisation (WHO) on Monday said that it launched the first-ever vaccine trial in Uganda for ebola from the Sudan species of the virus.
In a statement, Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO’s Director-General, said the candidate vaccine as well as candidate treatments are being made available through clinical trial protocols to further test for efficacy and safety.
He added that three vaccination rings were defined, with the first ring involving about 40 contacts and contacts of contacts of the first reported and confirmed case.
Ugandan authorities had declared an ebola outbreak in the capital, Kampala, late last month.

Trump says he paused attack on Iran as negotiations continue
At least 18 killed as heavy rains drench southern, central China
Ebola deaths in eastern Congo rise to 131 as outbreak spreads
Xi to host 'old friend' Putin as China projects stable global role after Trump visit
Britain gets experimental drug from Japan to bolster hantavirus response